Wednesday, 23 June 2010
Visit of a Lifeguard to our class on Monday, 21st June
On Monday a lifeguard called Séamus came to talk to us about water safety. He gave us some very important rules to help us keep safe in the water. Here they are in a nutshell:
1) Don't swim alone.
2) Don't swim just after eating(wait at least one hour).
3) Don't swim when you're hot or tired.
4) Don't swim in strange places.
5) Don't swim out after anything drifting.
6) Don't stay in the water too long.
7) Don't swim out to sea.
8) Swim parallel and close to the shore.
9) Do what the lifeguard tells you.
10) Never use air mattresses(lilos).
11) Pay attention to signs on the beach.
12) Don't be a bully.
13) Learn to use equipment before trying it out.